OpenVIP is a free video-processing tool for Linux and Windows. It consists of
These are the main features of OpenVIP:
- OpenVIP core, which can be used for processing multimedia files from
command line, or as a C++ library linked to other applications.
- OpenVIP editor, which provides a user-friendly GUI to the core and
is based on the timeline concept - you place multimedia files on the timeline, apply filters,
Want to see some screenshots? Check the online documentation!
- Supports AVI, DV, MPEG, MOV, MP3, MP4, VOB, WMA and WMV formats (via the
FFmpeg libraries) as well as sequences of
bitmap files (via the ImageMagick library)
- A lot of nice plugins including colour transformations,
geometric distortions, basic sound processing and transitions between
- A simple interface for developing your own plugins in C++
OpenVIP is licensed under GNU GPL 3
or later with linking permission.
OpenVIP project page at SourceForge.